The benefits of investing in a traditional IRA may include tax deferred earnings, and for many people tax deductibility.
- Eligibility Requirements: Earned Income / must be younger than 70 ½.
- Contribution Types: Regular / Spousal, Rollover, Transfer, SEP, and Recharacterization
The Roth IRAs are nondeductible accounts that feature tax-free withdrawals for certain qualified distribution reasons.
- Eligibility Requirements: Earned Income / Subject to modified adjusted gross income limits
- Contribution Types: Regular/ Spousal, Rollover, Transfer, Conversion and Recharacterization
Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
The Education IRA is now titled the Coverdell Education Savings Account.
- This IRA allows individuals to save money for a child's education on a tax-favored basis. Distributions used to pay for certain education expenses are federal income tax free and IRS penalty free.
All of HAPO's IRAs are available as either a fixed rate IRA certificate or a variable one-year account. See rates for additional information.
Contact your tax or financial advisor for complete information or modified amount updates.